Learn about the complexity of coral reef habitats and how you can help conserve these vital systems.
Everyone likes to scuba dive or snorkel in warm, clear water on a vibrant coral reef, yet many people know little about what they’re seeing or the importance of reef ecosystems. The Coral Reef Conservation Specialty course helps you appreciate the complexity of these habitats and teaches you how you can help conserve these vital systems.
What You Learn
The AWARE – Coral Reef Conservation Specialty course teaches you about the vital role of coral reefs in the marine environment. The course also familiarizes you with the current state of the world’s coral reefs and how you can help. You will learn about the Project AWARE Foundation and:
- How coral reefs function
- Why they are so important
- Why many reefs are in serious trouble
- What you can do to prevent further decline
The Fun Part
Anyone who has an interest in the aquatic world can take this course. There are no prerequisites or age restrictions. You may also want to brush up on your underwater photography skills so that you can document and capture images of the conditions of the reefs and species you’re encountering.
How to get started
To enrol on this course, please follow the steps below:
- Fill in the form on the right hand side of this page or call (305) 239-8992
- Our qualified dive instructors will contact you, get to know more about you as well as give you more information about the course.
- We will book you in on a date and time that suited to you and the dive instructor.
- Once you have successfully completed and passed the course, you will receive a certificate to show that you are certified.