Scuba dive down rivers and use ocean currents to glide along.
The PADI Drift Diver Specialty course introduces you to the coolest magic carpet ride you’ll ever experience.
This course shows you how to enjoy rivers and ocean currents by “going with the flow,” staying with your dive partner, communicating with the dive boat and knowing where you are the whole time.
What You Learn
During your PADI Drift Diver certification course, you learn about:
- Planning, organisation, procedures, techniques, problems and hazards of drift diving
- An introduction to drift diving equipment — floats, lines, reels
- Buoyancy-control, navigation and communication for drift diving
- Site selection and overview of aquatic currents – causes and effects
- Techniques for staying close to a buddy or together as a group
For all your learning materials and equipment, contact Bone Island Divers.
The Fun Part
Drift Diving is nearly effortless and relaxing. You simply glide along and enjoy the rush of flying underwater while the current does the work.
How to get started
To enrol on this course, please follow the steps below:
- Fill in the form on the right hand side of this page or call (305) 239-8992
- Our qualified dive instructors will contact you, get to know more about you as well as give you more information about the course.
- We will book you in on a date and time that suited to you and the dive instructor.
- Once you have successfully completed and passed the course, you will receive a certificate to show that you are certified.